2003-04-17

Okay, so I promise to post more than bi-monthly. Sorry about all that - I've been busy.

What provoked me to post today was an article on kids and computers and India. Read it!

In other news, I'm afraid I've been geeking out horribly lately. I have the latest version of Linux installed on my computer, I've networked all the computers in our house to the DSL, and I've been learning about fascinating but esoteric computer science principles like continuations. Don't ask.

Oh, and I've actually been exercising. Something possessed me to sign up for the Peachtree Road Race (10k = 6¼ miles). Although I don't know whether I sent my application in on time, I nonetheless have to be able to run the distance by the 4th of July. Almost every time I've run in the past 3 or 4 years, it's been the 2.2 mile loop around my neighbourhood. I think I've trained my body to run exactly 2.2 miles and no more. When I pass my house again, it's all over. I think I need to find a different route!


The other thing I've been thinking about a lot lately is my reluctance to become close to people. I don't understand it, but I'm tired of it. I think it's partly still holdover from our family leaving everyone we knew behind in 1992 to come to the States. Partly still holdover from being engaged — and then disengaged. Partly still holdover from being misunderstood by not a few people at my old church.

Nothing that isn't common to mankind, I know!

So, that's probably my number one thing to pray about, and trust for, and work on. Being close to folks, and being close to God. And in Atlanta it sure does take work!

No comments: