2003-12-29

Atlanta in the early morning, from Stone Mountain

This morning I got up at about 5:15, drove out to Stone Mountain Village, and walked up Stone Mountain to watch the sun rise. Unfortunately, I could not see the sun until it was well above the horizon, but the clouds were beautiful. Walking up in the dark was fun - actually, the city glow provided more than enough light to see by, even under the trees.

For Christmas, I was at Stephen's parents' house in Birmingham, Alabama. It was a lot of fun, and nice not to be around here alone. We spent some time with his sister and her kids - Anna(11), Amanda(7), and Chris(5) - which was fun (and tiring!). On the 26th, we went to visit Stephen's grandmother and another lady - Miss Helen - at the old age home where they live, and played hymns and Christmas carols for the folks there. His granny is hilarious, and Miss Helen is really an amazing lady - I have been thinking about the things she told us constantly since then.

We saw the third Lord of the Rings movie - it's pretty much required viewing, eh? I thought it was okay - but after talking it over, I thought it was better, and now I wouldn't mind seeing it again! The cinematographic and sound tricks become a little tiring after the first two movies, but it is still fun.

Yesterday evening, I went with a couple of friends to see Big Fish. It was sweet! Family, go see this movie now!

That's it for now. Ciao.

No comments: