2002-12-19

Sun two days in a row!

Docklands and Millenium Dome
The view from in front of my block of flats - Docklands and the Millenium Dome

I had to take this picture on the way over to the tube today. Today was the second day in a row we've been able to see the sky and the sun. That hasn't happened since last Monday when I arrived!

Tuesday night, our London office had their Christmas party. It was amazingly lavish, compared with the shoestring budget affair the week before in Atlanta. Dinner in a large ballroom, a band, dancing... unfortunately, I only knew about three or four people, so I left after it got loud. Yesterday we got word that more of our friends in the States got laid off. It's not even surprising anymore. Just the usual scramble to email and IM and check who got hit, and who didn't, then business as usual.

I'm looking forward to Saturday, when I'll get to see my cousins and aunt for the first time in six years. Actually, I haven't seen Con in about nine years, since he was in South Africa when I was last in England. Sweet.

Trent got done with his final presentation on Tuesday. Now he just has to figure out what he's going to do next. I think he's staying in Toronto. I would too!

No comments: